Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day's eye

As we were driving home form PE, I looked up and saw the sun.  Such a different sight then the past few days.  It reminded me of a story(If you listen to the Tolkien Professor then you may have heard this).  The Anglo Saxon word the Daisy is Day's eye.  The sun was often called the Day's eye and the daisy looks like the sun.  The sun is the light of this world we are on.  I think God made the daisy the way it is for a reason.  It is symbolic for the way Jesus is.  Jesus is the spiritual light of the word.  I believe God put the daisy in this world to symbolize the way Jesus shines through the darkness.  The sun is the light of this world and even if the darkness shrouds all, you can still see the light.

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. I too ponder the universe when I am looking up. Interesting note on the origin of "days."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking. Even in the darkest moments of our life the light is still there. We only have to let Him in and let Him guide us through those times.

    ReplyDelete